To perform a variety of commercial lines and or personal lines tasks - related to application entry/registration; processing money and non-money policy changes; processing basic renewals; basic cancellations; and other various duties to support the underwriting service group.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enter policy application data into AS-400 or Ecomm for various personal lines products.
- Register Quotes and New Business for commercial lines products.
- Process policy pre-renewals, basic renewals, cancellations, reinstatements, basic add from cancels (AFC) and basic retroactive endorsements (Retros).
- Perform certain policy tasks associated with non money endorsements in various workflows, including mortgagee lists.
- Perform certain policy tasks associated with money endorsements in various workflows.
- Keep up-to-date on all current department procedures related to processing many different types of application entry; policy endorsements and cancellations.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
Moderate supervision is received from the Underwriting Service Manager and/or other senior staff members.
- High school education plus 1 to 2 years of relevant office experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Excellent data entry skills, good reading and spelling skills, photocopying, good math skills and general clerical skills.
- Some relevant experience working with complex computerized information systems.
- Experience with AS-400, Imageright, and Microsoft Outlook preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow policy processing procedures.
- Ability to deal with other company personnel as well as outside agents in a courteous and efficient manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Predominately sedentary office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required.
- The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume, in strict confidence.